Croker's 300-game dream back on radar after recall

Posted By: Raidercast
May 05, 2022, 05:09:30 PM

Jarrod Croker’s dream of playing 300 games for the Raiders is back on the table after the veteran centre was finally given a recall for the side’s clash against Canterbury on Friday night.

Croker is just nine games away from reaching the milestone and would become the 44th player to do so if he can remain in first grade for the remainder of the year.  
As fate would have it, if the Raiders co-captain had started the season and played in the side’s eight games to date, he would’ve been running out for his 300th on Friday night.

Instead, after radical career-saving stem cell knee surgery in the off-season and a cautious approach from the club with his return, Croker will resume his NRL career two months into Canberra’s patchy 2022 campaign.

“You don’t think about those things ever but when you start to have those tough injuries and think about the future you start to look at it a little bit more,” Croker told NRL.com in March.

“It would be a dream come true, it’s the club I’ve loved and always wanted to play for. I’ve never wanted to be anywhere else.

“Getting to 292 is the next priority then after that if I managed to get to 300 it would be one of the better achievements of my career, if not my best."

More: https://www.nrl.com/news/2022/05/05/crokers-300-game-dream-back-on-radar-after-recall/

Follow Raidercast
FacebookTwitterinstagramtumblr
Raidercast.com.au - The Ultimate Canberra Raiders Website
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE