Topic: Campos Corner - Round 14

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Campos Corner - Round 14
« on: June 10, 2011, 10:52:09 PM »
Campos Corner - Round 14

It’s been a very disappointing week for me personally and for the Raiders as a team, as we let a 22-0 lead slip last weekend against the Cowboys to eventually lose the game by 40-24.

I’ve been a bit down this week after I only lasted a few minutes in the game, before I had to leave the field with an injured groin.

It’s certainly frustrating to come back after such a long break on the sidelines and get another long term injury, but I’ve had a few days to think about it and I can now focus on getting myself back once again.

The injury itself was not related to anything to do with my knee and I went into the game at 100 per cent fitness.

Sometimes it’s just bad luck that you find yourself in this situation and in no way should there be any blame placed on our medical staff as they did everything right as I made my way back from the knee injury.

Hopefully my season isn’t over as I’d love to be able to get back on the field and help the team out in some way, but at the same time I need to make sure I don’t come back and re-injure the groin and spend the first part of the off-season injured.

As I’ve said all along I have complete faith in our medical staff at the Raiders and I know they won’t let me back on the field if I’m not at my best, so it’s just a matter of waiting a few weeks and seeing where we’re at once I’ve had some time to heal.

I think the injury was made worse by the fact that we lost the game against the Cowboys on the weekend and after a great start we somehow threw the game away in the second half and allowed them to get over the top of us.

Things were looking great midway through the first half, but when we lost Josh Dugan we lost some momentum and when I was injured it just left two men on the bench and we had to change our whole outlook on the rest of the match.

The injuries saw a reshuffle in the team and we had a few guys playing out of position which hurt us, but having said that we still had our chances to win the game and didn’t, so we need to refocus now on the trip to Brisbane and beating the Broncos.

The Brisbane team will be missing a number of their Queensland players due to Origin, but they still have a number of quality players with plenty of experience so we definitely can’t afford to take them lightly this weekend.

We have a big boost this week with David Shillington set to return from a pec injury and having him and Tom Learoyd-Lahrs coming off the bench will help us when we work down the middle of the park.

Hopefully the boys can get a win up in Brisbane and keep our finals chances alive.

Source: Raiders.com.au