Topic: New injury puts Matt Orford in doubt

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
New injury puts Matt Orford in doubt
« on: March 03, 2011, 09:28:00 AM »
New injury puts Matt Orford in doubt

PRIZED Raiders recruit Matt Orford is in doubt for next week's opener against Cronulla because of an abductor strain.

Canberra Raiders coach David Furner said Matt Orford suffered the injury at training and was at long odds to play. "He'll go for scans Friday and we'll know more Monday, but I don't think he'll be right," Furner said.

That means Alan Tongue, Glen Buttriss, Mick Picker or Toyota Cup halfback Sam Williams are in contention for the No. 7 jumper alongside Josh McCrone.

Blake Ferguson (finger) is racing the clock to be fit to face his former club.

The Herald Sun

Raidercast

• Raidercast Commentary Team
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: New injury puts Matt Orford in doubt
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 09:33:07 AM »
This is exactly why I was worried about us picking up Ox at this late stage of his career. If we can get him out on the park he will be a great help to us, I have no doubts about that. It seems the problem will be actually getting some game time out of him.

Lets go with Williams and see how he goes. I would rather that than put a bandage fix on the problem and put someone like Tongue there.

Zeus

• John Ferguson
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 10:30:58 AM »
 ::) Oh that's just brilliant isn't it.. just what we need right before the season. All you can do is laugh sometimes because footy is never as easy or as simple as it appears to be. There is always some kind of drama to get worked up over lol

GB7600

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:00:47 PM »
What is it with us and always starting seasons with so many injuries? I swear it has to be the reason why we are better in the second half of the season than the first. Or at least its part of it anyway. And please for the love of the Raiders can we not put Tongue at 7!!

AlwaysGreen

• John Ferguson
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 07:10:30 PM »
::)

The season hasn't even started for christs sake and they are already dropping like flies. I guess that's what you have to expect when you hire an old guy like Orford tho. He is like a wafer thin plastic knife now: can still inflict a severe amount of damage but is as weak as all hell.

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 07:47:02 PM »
Fuck me princess suck it up and get out there!  :D