Topic: Dugan Looking at a Two Year Deal

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Dugan Looking at a Two Year Deal
« on: January 24, 2012, 01:46:05 PM »
Dugan Looking at a Two Year Deal

A newspaper report claimed Dragons club football manager Craig Young had left a voice message on the phone of off-contract Canberra superstar Josh Dugan, only to later stress the Dragons were not in the hunt for the fullback's services in 2013. Either way, Furner said he would have been filthy had his own coach Dave Furner pulled a similar stunt."I'm disappointed because that's not the way we would go about things," Furner said.

"I'd be upset if Dave did something similar. It can lead to a lot of backlash, and I don't think players appreciate it either. They'd prefer you to go through managers. At the end of the day you'd prefer a club to be up front and say they're interested in a player, approach the manager and put an offer in."

While it remained a mystery why a Dragons official had contacted Dugan in the first place, the club yesterday would only reiterate it had no interest. As for Dugan, it is understood the NSW fullback is eyeing a two-year deal with the Raiders, the sole offer on the table.

Source: The Herald Sun