Topic: Orford may be remembered for being highest paid player

Raidercast

• Raidercast Commentary Team
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Orford may be remembered for being highest paid player
« on: July 17, 2011, 10:09:21 AM »
Max, Mick and a bounced cheque

CANBERRA halfback Matt Orford might well be remembered as the highest paid rugby league player of all time.He's on $300,000-a-year at the Raiders and has played only six games. That's $50,000-a-match. Not bad money if you can get it. Not surprisingly, chief executive Don Furner and Orford's manager George Mimis have had talks about the 32-year-old's future. The veteran halfback has signed for another two years after this one but is unlikely to see the deal out. The whole contract is worth $900,000, a ridiculous amount of cash and way above what the brilliant young halves Sam Williams and Josh McCrone earn.

Source: The Daily Telegraph

Renee

• Jason Croker
Re: Orford may be remembered for being highest paid player
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 11:16:38 AM »
That right there has to be a joke! I mean i am all for the raiders getting top pay. But lets admit 6 games isn't exactly a record breaker. But the bosses will just do what they wish. I am not a happy chappy about this but i guess you have to respect the players special talent (If there is any.!).

CampoFAN

• John Ferguson
Re: Orford may be remembered for being highest paid player
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2011, 01:04:00 PM »
 ::)WOW really! Thats a load of crap. He is not even a good player. He has done nothing to benefit the Raiders in any shape of form. Someone should really pull the bosses aside and give them a good slap around the head. I honestly think its the biggest rip off to the other players. What about Josh Dugan and Josh McCrone they should be having that money instead of Orford.