Topic: Young Raider Makes Aussie Schoolboys Team

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Young Raider Makes Aussie Schoolboys Team
« on: July 18, 2012, 11:13:10 AM »
Jeremy Cropper selected in the Australian Schoolboys team

Raiders forward Jeremy Cropper with Raiders SG Ball Coach Peter Marrapodi in Port Macquarie last week (Photo Courtesy of www.ourfootyteam.com.au)

Canberra Raiders rising star Jeremy Cropper has continued his strong season, with selection in the 2012 Australian Schoolboys team.

Cropper was a key figure in the Raiders SG Ball side that made the Grand Final earlier this year and has since been training with the club’s Toyota Cup squad.

The young prop will run out in the green and gold jersey for two Test matches against England next month after Cropper played a starring role for the ACT Under 18’s Schoolboy side in the schoolboy’s carnival that took place last week in his hometown of Port Macquarie.

“It was fantastic to be selected in the team and an absolute dream come true,” Cropper said.

“It took a lot of hard work to get there and it’s very satisfying. It’s always been a dream to play for my country and I can’t wait to run out in the green and gold jersey.”

Cropper will enjoy a home ground advantage in his first Test match against the English Academy touring side.

The Australian Schoolboys will play at Canberra Stadium on August 5 after the NRL game between the Raiders and Brisbane Broncos.

“It will be a surreal experience running out onto Canberra Stadium playing for my country. Canberra Stadium is a fantastic ground to play at and it will be great to play there in front of so many familiar faces.”

This is Cropper’s first year with the Raiders after moving down to the Nation’s Capital from Newcastle where he was a part of the Knight’s Harold Matthews team.

“The Raiders have been very support of me with my transition down here. Canberra is a fantastic place with some great opportunities in regards to rugby league.”

“Peter Marrapodi and Dean Souter have provided me with some fantastic advice and I’m loving being down here.”

Cropper goes into camp with the schoolboy’s side on the 27th of July and all of us here at the Canberra Raiders would like wish Jeremy all the best.

Making the Australian Schoolboys is the pinnacle of representative rugby league for schoolboys and it is an achievement that the young star should be extremely proud of.

Source: Raiders Press Release