Topic: Dogs attack lacks bite

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Dogs attack lacks bite
« on: May 21, 2011, 06:06:35 PM »
Dogs attack lacks bite
21 May 2011, 4:45 pm

Bulldogs coach Kelvin Moore was left ruing his side's lack of imagination in attack as he watched them waste a mountain of possession in their 20-12 loss to the Raiders on Friday night.

Despite getting off to a flying start, the Bulldogs failed to convert possession into points and at the other end the Raiders made the most of limited opportunities.

It was obviously a point of frustration for the coach.

'We spoke a lot about starting - a lot of our starts to games haven't been terrific and I thought we really physically were in the game a lot better tonight,' Moore said.

'When we did get that field position we certainly found it very difficult to penetrate the Raiders.'

'I thought our fifth tackle option were poor.'

He said the loss of hooker Michael Ennis to Origin duty was a factor, but said the whole team failed to lift to cover his absence.

'You take a bloke of Mick's experience out of the team in such an important position it is going to have an effect,' he said.

'I had plenty of confidence of Josh (Reynolds) to do a job and I just thought when you are down in those key areas, it's the responsibility that everyone else has to take on no just the individual.'

'I thought that is where we lacked tonight we just individually play our roles the way should've.'

'Right across the board individually we weren't at the standards that we've been setting for ourselves all year and that's the most disappointing thing so we need to get back to that next week.'

Bulldogs skipper Andrew Ryan was equally annoyed with his team's attacking impotency.

'Unfortunately, those options we took attacking their line they just weren't good enough.'

'It was pretty pedestrian really in our attack,' he said.

'We made some improvements at stages in the second half but that was more in the middle of the field, we didn't really make too many changes to our attack on the line really.'

Source: Sky News Australia