Topic: Raiders launch 2011 McDonalds School Holiday Clinic

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Raiders launch 2011 McDonalds School Holiday Clinic
« on: July 15, 2011, 10:42:26 AM »
Raiders launch 2011 McDonalds School Holiday Clinic

The Canberra Raiders and proud supporter of junior rugby league McDonalds (ACT, Queanbeyan, and Yass) have commenced the 2011 School Holiday clinic at Northbourne Oval in Braddon today.

Around 120 children converged on Northbourne Oval today to commence the clinic run by Raiders halfback Sam Williams, who is running the clinic as part of his Raiders traineeship.

Williams, who is still eligible to play under 20’s is a trainee with the Raiders and has organised the clinic as part of his Toyota Cup commitments to engage in either work or education.

Williams in conjunction with the Raiders, McDonalds and Coca-Cola have tailored the three day clinic to give children in the region the chance to learn the skills of rugby league, in a fun and safe environment.

All participants in the clinic are being provided lunch and a T-Shirt courtesy of McDonalds, a bag and footy thanks to the Raiders, a hat thanks to Powerade and drinks from Coca-Cola.

Williams said it’s great to see so many children keen to learn the sport of rugby league and said the experience was also a good one for him.

“The most important thing we look to do in this this three day camp is encourage fun and participation amongst the group,” Williams said. “For me it’s a chance to pick up some new work skills as well which will help me for life after footy which is a great thing.”

The camp continues this week on Thursday and Friday, with the Raiders top squad joining the camp on Friday morning which is sure to be a highlight.

Source: Raiders.com.au