Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Ferguson re-signs with Raiders until 2014
« on: August 26, 2011, 06:20:05 PM »

The Canberra Raiders have made a significant announcement on the eve of their final home match of the season, with Blake Ferguson re-signing with the club until the end of the 2014 season.

In his first season in Canberra Ferguson has been a shining light leading the Raiders try scoring tally with 13 and will be looking to add to that in the team's final two matches of the season against the Panthers and Bulldogs.

Still just 21 Ferguson has decided to stay with the Raiders a further two seasons than he had originally planned and said he believes the club is going to be a strong force next season after a tough first year at the club.

“We haven't performed as well as we had hoped this year but you can feel amongst the players that success isn't too far away and I want to be a part of that,” Ferguson said. “The players here at the club are a great bunch of blokes and I know we can do better than we have this year.”

Ferguson said the Raiders had been a great club to learn how develop his game and said the people involved had been instrumental in his development as a player and a person.

“I've still got a lot to learn as a player and I want to improve and become a better player and this is the place to do it,” he said. “The Coaching staff and the players here are really helping me out which has been a big help.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner said Ferguson's re-signing re-enforced the clubs policy of retaining their star players and said his addition to the squad had been a strong one.

“It's great to have Blake on board for another three seasons and his re-signing today follows others this year as we look to build a squad which can have success,” Furner said. “Blake has been great for us this year and played every game and I hope he continues to get better each year he's here at the club.”

Source: League Unlimited