Topic: Magpies Hit by Injury Problems After Minor Semi-Final

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Magpies Hit by Injury Problems After Minor Semi-Final
« on: September 02, 2012, 10:24:29 AM »
Magpies face injury woes of their own after downing depleted Blues

YASS Magpies playmaker Tim Warden is confident he will be fit for the Canberra Raiders Cup grand final qualifier in a fortnight, despite suffering a rib injury from an alleged late hit in yesterday's 22-12 win over the Queanbeyan Blues at Kippax yesterday.

Yass coach Mark Bell was worried before yesterday's minor semi-final that his team would not show enough respect for an injury-ravaged Blues outfit, but the Magpies will now be sweating on the fitness of their own squad after a brutal 80 minutes.

Warden was forced from the field in great discomfort five minutes before half-time, having been tackled hard after an offload. The five-eighth claimed it was a late shot but said he wouldn't pursue the allegation.

''It was a bit of a late shot, I think the refs missed it a bit, but I'll be right in a fortnight's time, it's just a bump. It's a bit sore,'' Warden said.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/magpies-face-injury-woes-of-their-own-after-downing-depleted-blues-20120901-257tn.html#ixzz25GdZKE1q