Topic: Reed gives Broncos a scare with arm injury at training ahead of Raiders match

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Centre Jack Reed sends shudder through Brisbane Broncos training with arm injury

BRISBANE Broncos centre Jack Reed failed to finish training today but remains on target to play against Canberra on Monday night

Reed made an earlier-than-expected return from a fractured eye socket in Brisbane's humiliating 56-18 home loss to the New Zealand Warriors last Monday.

The wounded Broncos, minus their State of Origin quartet of Justin Hodges, Sam Thaiday, Corey Parker and Matt Gillett, returned to the training paddock at Red Hill today, but Reed was an early casualty.

The Britain representative walked off gingerly after receiving a "stinger'' to his left arm.

However, Broncos officials said Reed would be fit for Monday's clash at Canberra Stadium, where Brisbane will be out for redemption after their embarrassing loss to the lowly Warriors.

"I've been anxious to get back to training and work my butt off to peak my performance and try to get a result next Monday night,'' said Broncos forward Alex Glenn, who captained the team against the Warriors in the absence of Thaiday.

"The last two days I've been at home reading the papers. It's not too well, but you've got to face the facts and be honest and cop it on the chin.''

Of Brisbane's Origin players, only Hodges, one of the Maroons' best players in last night's 14-6 loss to NSW at ANZ Stadium, is unlikely to back up against the Raiders.

"He did play a great game and whether or not he wants to back up it's totally on his hands and the coach's hands, but we won't find out until later in the week,'' Glenn said.

Source: http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/jack-reed-sends-shudder-through-broncos-training-with-arm-injury/story-fni3gv4u-1226658450659