Topic: Monaghan eyes UK options

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Monaghan eyes UK options
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:32:25 AM »
Monaghan eyes UK options
16 November 2010, 12:00 am

JOEL Monaghan has no shortage of options in the UK and is set to tour a number of clubs this week, including Hull FC, Castleford and Wigan.                          

We have also been told that the Canberra Raiders are scouring the globe to gain a replacement for the former Test back.

The club made an approach to premiership-winning centre Matt King but the former Melbourne centre is contracted to Warrington. His manager has told us he won't be going anywhere despite the interest from the Raiders.

Source: Daily Telegraph | NRL - Raiders

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Monaghan eyes UK options
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 07:37:21 AM »
WHAT? MATT KING? Is this some kind of sick joke? Why on earth would we sign Matt King with all the good young backs we have at the club that will already be struggling to find a spot in the side. What a stupid idea!

GB7600

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 11:45:32 AM »
WHAT? MATT KING? Is this some kind of sick joke? Why on earth would we sign Matt King with all the good young backs we have at the club that will already be struggling to find a spot in the side. What a stupid idea!

x2

Hopefully this is just the DT being the DT  :-[

Territorian

• Jamaal Lolesi
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 03:23:34 PM »
lol Matt King :D

It has to be a joke.

Oh and he isn't a "premiership winning centre" he is just another Storm cheater.

pocket rocket

• John Ferguson
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 09:18:42 PM »
I really hope not. Would just be a waste of money.

Raidercast

• Raidercast Commentary Team
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 03:09:13 PM »
Calm down guys :D His manager has said he isn't going anywhere so I wouldn't worry about it.

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2010, 11:42:46 AM »
Calm down guys :D His manager has said he isn't going anywhere so I wouldn't worry about it.

Yer but still... it is Matt King we are talking about. Why we even considered looking at him i dont know. Honestly I thought he was retired already

CampoFAN

• John Ferguson
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 03:22:36 PM »
jeeze give it a bone! eeefingg jebus chase94. your so angry calm down not the end of the world. i mean theres being passionate then theres over the top and you are over the top. you dont play for the team. jebus. you say alot from somoeone behind a key board. go raiders choose who you want (*_*)

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 09:24:55 PM »
jeeze give it a bone! eeefingg jebus chase94. your so angry calm down not the end of the world. i mean theres being passionate then theres over the top and you are over the top. you dont play for the team. jebus. you say alot from somoeone behind a key board. go raiders choose who you want (*_*)

Umm ok.. No I dont play for the team but I happen to think that hiring Matt King would be unthinkable with the hordes of young players we have at the club trying to push into top grade. Just because we lose Monas doesn;t mean we should just go and sign some washedup grandpa who has a track history of picking fights with the club. I don't play for the team but if we are thinking of hiring King then maybe I should lol

CampoFAN

• John Ferguson
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 03:53:27 PM »
maybe! but i doubt it. saying you think you should be apart of the team instead of matt king is a insult to the Raiders. To the best team in the world. you have nothing on them. now stop having a winging and listen up. the raiders are quite capable of looking after there own team, without you making unruly judgment!

Zeus

• John Ferguson
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 05:50:12 PM »
All this talk about Matt King is just silly. He aint coming. Kiss and make up ladies  :great:

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2010, 12:46:19 PM »
maybe! but i doubt it. saying you think you should be apart of the team instead of matt king is a insult to the Raiders. To the best team in the world. you have nothing on them. now stop having a winging and listen up. the raiders are quite capable of looking after there own team, without you making unruly judgment!

No. Me saying that I should be part of the team instead of Matt King is an insult to Matt King and not the Raiders. We have far better options already at the club than King and it would just be a waste of time and money if we signed him. He wasnt even ever that good. Matt King does not deserve to be in the 'best team in the world' as you so correctly put it.

CampoFAN

• John Ferguson
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2010, 09:39:42 PM »
Be that as it may i still believe that it is up to the raiders team and if they wish to have matt king on their team then whats wrong with that. he may not be the best but obviously the coaches and captains of the team have seen something  in matt king that is worth having. put that n your pipe and smoke it (*_*). all in all there is noting we can really do! we as fans can only be a moral support system to the raiders and i believe they will do the right thing in picking another player weather that be matt king or somebody els.

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2010, 02:07:26 PM »
Be that as it may i still believe that it is up to the raiders team and if they wish to have matt king on their team then whats wrong with that. he may not be the best but obviously the coaches and captains of the team have seen something  in matt king that is worth having. put that n your pipe and smoke it (*_*). all in all there is noting we can really do! we as fans can only be a moral support system to the raiders and i believe they will do the right thing in picking another player weather that be matt king or somebody els.

Yes it is up to the Raiders who they sign. I just think that signing Matt King would be a bad move for the side and hinder the development of our young lads like Low, Chicka, Robbo, etc We dont need to sign a replacement for mons because we already have plenty. 

CampoFAN

• John Ferguson
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2010, 08:12:41 PM »
And i fully agree with what your saying but maybe the "younger lads" are lacking something and that could be why they are going for another player.