Topic: Rumour: Raiders Coach David Furner To Be Replaced By Ricky Stuart

GB7600

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Canberra Raiders Coach David Furner Rumoured To Be Replaced By Ricky Stuart

There are always rumours going around clubs when they're struggling. Well, Triple M Grill Team host Matty Johns says the rumour he's been hearing is that Canberra Raiders coach David Furner has been given 6-8 weeks to get wins on the board or he will be replaced by former Cronulla Sharks coach and ex-Raiders legend Ricky Stuart.

Triple M's The Grill Team spoke to the Canberra Raiders CEO Don Furner, who is the brother of the current coach David Furner, and asked him if the rumour is true and if they have spoken to Ricky Stuart.

“I don’t appoint the coaches here. Likewise, I don’t remove the coaches. So it's certainly got nothing to do with me," said Don. "He knows he’s got to win just like every other coach does.

"He's got two years to run on his contract. It's a board decision but it's also a performance decision. If we're going well, he's safe. If you're not going well, you're under constant speculation."

Matty spoke to a friend of Ricky Stuart's the other day and asked if Ricky was happy just coaching the Blues and he said 'no, he wants to be back coaching in the NRL'.

Matty added there are a few more coaches in the NRL like John Cartwright (Gold Coast Titans) that are also on a knife edge.

Should the Raiders sack David Furner? Is Ricky Stuart the man to replace him?

Source: Triple M