Topic: CRRL: Martin Rejoins Woden

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
CRRL: Martin Rejoins Woden
« on: November 27, 2017, 02:20:49 PM »
   The Woden Valley Rams have announced that Brad Smith will be rejoining the club after a two year stint with the Gungahlin Bulls.

“The talks I had with Ash Barnes made me really want to re-sign,” Martin said. “I like the direction that the club is going in.”

Having made 19 first grade appearances for the Woden during his two seasons there, the second rower brings experience to the Rams squad.

“Brad’s 24 now and at the Rams, that’s old,” Barnes joked. “Brad’s been playing first grade since he was 18 so he’ll be able to add plenty of experience and quality.”

Having been named as a Les McIntyre Medal Finalist in 2015, Barnes is also pleased for Martin to be back at the club due to his work with junior players at Woden’s junior affiliate club, the Woden-Weston Rams.

“He was really keen and we had a couple of conversations about how he was keen to get back involved with the club because he was coaching our Under 16’s,” Barnes said.

With the Under 16’s side reaching the preliminary final this season, Martin hopes to play alongside some of the juniors he coached in the not too distant future.

“[Coaching the U16’s] was probably one of the best experiences I’ve had and that’s another reason why I wanted to go back to the Rams,” Martin said. “I want to see those boys to continue their development and hopefully I’ll get to play with them one day because some of the kids coming through can play footy.”

Martin leaves the Gungahlin Bulls having made 26 appearances over two seasons and winning their Best and Fairest Award in 2016.

More: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-1084-0-0-0&sID=13485&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60573091