Topic: Galea keen to make an impact

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Galea keen to make an impact
« on: April 06, 2011, 04:56:01 PM »
Galea keen to make an impact
6 April 2011, 3:58 pm

Canberra Raiders forward Danny Galea said he can bring fresh energy to the team this weekend, for the Raiders important clash against the Panthers in Penrith.

After playing well in the Raiders trial matches, Galea suffered a setback with a freak arm injury, after a cut on his arm became infected. The cut came when Galea was helping out team mate Joe Picker with some work around the house and was infected after he played in the Raiders second trial against Bulldogs.

Now back at 100 per cent Galea gets his opportunity in the team after Dane Tilse was ruled out with a hamstring strain and said he can’t wait to get out onto the field on Saturday night.

“The arm cut was definitely a set back and I thought I played well in the trials so it’s been a bit disappointing to be honest,” Galea said. “Now I have my chance I need to make the most of it and I think I can bring some fresh energy into the team this weekend.”

Galea gives the Raiders a strong option off the bench, with Raiders Coach David Furner saying he can fill a number of positions in the team if needed.

“Danny can play back row, in the centres and even up front if needed so he is a very valuable part of our squad,” Furner said. “I’m sure he’ll take his opportunity this weekend and if he can do that he will be hard to leave out in the weeks ahead. “

In other news Raiders backs Joel Thompson and Daniel Vidot will be assessed by medical staff on Thursday after both players sat out today’s field session at Raiders HQ.

Both players are confident they’ll be right to take the field against the Panthers. The Raiders have James Stuart and David Milne on Standby.

Source: www.raiders.com.au - Canberra Raiders News Headlines

« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 09:48:44 PM by Rick »