Topic: Furner: We Need the Two Points

Raidercast

• Raidercast Commentary Team
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Furner: We Need the Two Points
« on: May 10, 2012, 10:54:09 AM »
Raiders name unchanged line-up for Eels

The Canberra Raiders have named the same side for Sunday afternoons match against the Eels at Canberra Stadium, with Coach David Furner sticking with the same team that narrowly lost to Manly last weekend.

Shaun Berrigan will continue to be used from the interchange bench as a utility player, with Travis Waddell starting the match at hooker.

Rookie Jack Wighton retains his place in the team at right centre and will continue to build his combination with in-form winger Blake Ferguson.

Bronson Harrison has been named 18th man.

Raiders Coach David Furner said he was happy with the team’s performance against Manly and the team named reflected that.

“I like the attitude last week and we had an opportunity to win the game,” Furner said. “We’ve still got some work to do but it’s now virtually the third week with the same side and I’m happy about that, but we need the two points.”

Furner said he liked what his dummy halves produced last weekend and it reflected in the team named today.

“I thought Travis Waddell showed some improvement last weekend and he’s a very good defensive hooker and I thought Shaun Berrigan was very effective from the bench and coming from the bench fresh he can offer us something extra.”

Canberra Raiders: Josh Dugan, Blake Ferguson, Jarrod Croker, Jack Wighton, Reece Robinson, Josh McCrone, Sam Williams, David Shillington (c), Travis Waddel, Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, Josh Papalii, Joel Thompson, Shaun Fensom. Interchange (from): Shaun Berrigan, Joe Picker, Sam Mataora, Dane Tilse, Bronson Harrison.

Source: Sports Austraila