Topic: Eels boss confident Stuart's staying put

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Eels boss confident Stuart's staying put
« on: September 05, 2013, 09:48:18 PM »
Interim Parramatta chief executive Matt Phelan believes Ricky Stuart will see out the final two years of his contract, despite growing speculation he is on the move to Canberra.

Stuart is in the first season of a three-year deal with the Eels but is believed to be the preferred candidate to replace sacked Raiders mentor David Furner. The former NSW coach dead-batted questions over his future at the post-match press conference following Monday night's win over St George Illawarra for fear of overshadowing a rare win.

Just days after Stuart's manager John Fordham refuted having any contact with Canberra management, Phelan said Stuart was committed to the Eels.

"As I've said consistently since this rumour or speculation has come to the fore, as far as I'm concerned – and based on every conversation I've had with Ricky to date as late as today – Ricky will be the coach here in '14 and '15," Phelan said. "He's given me and the board no indication he won't be the coach for next year."

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/eels-boss-confident-stuarts-staying-put-20130905-2t7wr.html#ixzz2e1BIO900