Topic: "It's not my preference to leave" Says #Dragons Bound Harrison

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
"It's not my preference to leave" Says #Dragons Bound Harrison
« on: November 12, 2012, 11:10:40 AM »
Bronson Harrison leaves Raiders for Dragons

FORMER New Zealand Test forward Bronson Harrison will join the Dragons this week after negotiating a release from the final year of his deal with the Raiders.

On the outer with the Raiders after playing just 10 games this year, the 103kg Harrison is expected to sign a two-year deal with St George Illawarra tomorrow after agreeing to terms.

The former Tiger has endured a horror two years, suffering a series of ankle and back injuries. The Raiders reportedly shopped Harrison around to rival clubs after signing Jake Foster from the Bulldogs and Joel Edwards from the Knights.

With 12 Test caps to his name, the Dragons were quick to come to terms with the 27-year-old Harrison, with the Leichardt junior expected to add some much-needed starch to their pack. Before his run of injuries Harrison was considered to be among the best ball running forwards in the NRL.

He was linked to move to Newcastle before the Knights signed fellow Kiwi Jeremy Smith.

Harrison would not comment while the contract remained unsigned. He previously spoke about his desire to stay in Canberra.

"It's not my preference to leave, I know things have popped up in the paper along the way,'' Harrison said. "I've got another two years but sometimes the decision's not always in my hands, so I'm not too sure yet. If the club would like me to stay that would be my preference.''

Source: http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/bronson-harrison-leaves-raiders-for-dragons/story-fndujljl-1226514297667