Topic: CRRL: Blues Suffer Loss But Gain Plenty

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
CRRL: Blues Suffer Loss But Gain Plenty
« on: September 11, 2017, 02:09:12 PM »
Blues Suffer Loss But Gain Plenty

The Queanbeyan Blues suffered defeat for the first time this season on Sunday morning but according to stand-in captain Irene MacArthur, they will come back stronger than ever.

“It was an amazing experience,” MacArthur said. “Although we didn’t come away with the win, I can honestly say the girls are better off for the experience of playing at that stadium against a quality side like Corrimal.”

Having won the inaugural Katrina Fanning Shield last weekend, the Blues travelled to WIN Stadium to face the Illawarra Premiers the Corrimal Cougars in the inaugural Premiers Challenge.

With several players missing through injury and other commitments, the Queanbeyan side were beaten 38-0 but MacArthur believed that the opportunity to play against the Premiers of Illawarra Division Rugby League was incredibly valuable.

“I think it’s a great concept and if it happens annually I’m pretty sure there will be other teams, not only the Queanbeyan Blues, but there will be other sides in Canberra vying to face the next Premiers of Illawarra District Rugby League,” MacArthur said.

“It’s definitely an opportunity not just for our Queanbeyan club but as women in rugby league.

“I think it’s a great opportunity for us to see how we can compete against other divisions and see the growth of the sport.”

Reflecting on the season just gone, MacArthur was proud of how far her side have come.

“The growth from the beginning of the season until now has been just amazing,” MacArthur said.

More: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-1084-0-0-0&sID=13485&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=59515730