Topic: Raiders confident Wighton will rise to challenge of replacing Ferguson

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Coach and Captain confident in Wighton as he takes centre stage

With Blake Ferguson absent, emerging Raiders star Jack Wighton will shift into the centres as he has done so in the past and Coach David Furner and Captain Terry Campese have every bit of faith that the talented 20 year old will again rise to the challenge.

Ferguson has been one of the most potent attacking threats this year for the Green Machine however Furner and Campese believe that they will lose little with Wighton’s shift to his preferred position.

The pair have been blown away by the 2010 Australian Schoolboy’s form in 2013 coupled with the ease at which he has handled any positional switch assigned to him.

“I’ve been blown away by Jacko this year with his ability to change positions week to week,” said Furner. “I’ve put him to right wing, right centre, left wing, left centre and although he tells me he won’t go there, I could even play him in the back-row if I needed to.”

“It doesn’t matter where he plays, he always plays tremendous for us,” added Campese. “He’s excited to be playing in the centres this weekend and I’m excited to watch him play there.

Read more: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/77707
« Last Edit: June 22, 2013, 11:12:19 AM by RNA »