Topic: CRRL: Woden Re-Sign Head Coach Ash Barnes

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
CRRL: Woden Re-Sign Head Coach Ash Barnes
« on: July 10, 2017, 05:53:31 PM »
   The Woden Valley Rams announced they have extended the contract of Head Coach Ash Barnes for two years.

Having come through the coaching ranks at the Rams, Barnes has been in his current role for three seasons.

Rams President Steve Hicks said he was delighted with the deal.

“With a young squad, Ash’s ability to relate to them and develop them is really integral for us,” Hicks said. “We don’t have a lot of money to spend on buying players so we need to develop our own and I think Ash is the perfect person to do that.

Barnes, who also coached the Monaro U23’s side to the Country Championships earlier this year, was pleased to be staying at Woden.

“It’s exciting,” Barnes said. “I really love the club and the players involved.

“The reason why I am so keen to stay on is the players and the potential that I see in them. They are very willing to learn which makes them easy to teach.

“Over the last couple of years, we’ve come forward in leaps and bounds, and obviously we’re not where we want to be, in semifinal football and the top four yet, but I do see that coming for us.”

With four rounds left of the regular season, Woden currently sit in sixth place on the ladder, three points behind fourth place.

More: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-1084-0-0-0&sID=13485&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=57280217