Topic: Raiders stand down Dugan and Ferguson

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Raiders stand down Dugan and Ferguson
« on: March 12, 2013, 05:09:16 PM »
Troubled Canberra duo Josh Dugan and  Blake Ferguson have been stood down indefinitely by the NRL club for breaching numerous team policies.

Dugan on Tuesday revealed he's battling a 'personal' matter,  which is not limited to drinking alcohol while injured.

Raiders coach David Furner said Dugan and Ferguson broke team  protocol by missing a rehab session on Monday after the Raiders  32-10 loss to Penrith.

Furner said police were called to a disturbance at the house the  duo were drinking alcohol at and have been stood down indefinitely  while the club investigates the matter.

'The club has strong policies in place and breaches of these  policies are taken very seriously,' Furner said.

'We have stood both Josh and Blake down for breaches of these  policies and will determine punishment once we have concluded our  investigations.'

Dugan apologised for his breach of club policy on Twitter and  said he urgently needed to sort out an off-field issue.

'This goes beyond the drinking while injured. Yes I've broken  team rules but for me it goes deeper and I plan on sorting it out,'  tweeted Dugan.

'I apologize to my team mates and the fans but this is personal  and needs to be sorted out as soon as possible for me to move  forward.'

Dugan injured a rib cartilage in the Raiders' 32-10 loss to  Penrith on Sunday, having battled a lip infection in the lead-up to  the round-one match.

Last May, the Raiders stood Dugan down for drinking alcohol  while injured.

Source: http://rss.skynews.com.au/c/34485/f/628638/s/29758dde/l/0L0Sskynews0N0Bau0Csport0Carticle0Baspx0Did0F8538970GvId0F/story01.htm

« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 05:45:23 PM by Archie »