Topic: CRRL: Simbiken Signs With Redcliffe

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
CRRL: Simbiken Signs With Redcliffe
« on: November 24, 2017, 11:48:32 AM »
   Queanbeyan Kangaroos winger Jedidiah Simbiken has capped off a stellar year after joining Queensland Cup side the Redcliffe Dolphins.

Having signed to initially partake in their Under 20’s side, Simbiken has impressed during his first fortnight at the club.

“I came up thinking that I was going to be playing Under 20’s but after a couple of training sessions, the coach said to me “You’ve been impressive in your training sessions”, so he called me up to [train with] the Queensland Cup side,” Simbiken said.

The move continues Simbiken’s rapid rise, as he had only played three first grade matches until the start of last season.

He quickly became a reliable source of tries for the Queanbeyan Kangaroos as he managed to score 14 tries from 14 games.

Having risen rapidly in 2017, the 19-year-old speedster is appreciative of his time at Queanbeyan where he was coached by Aaron Gorrell.

“Aaron Gorrell’s been pretty big for me,” Simbiken said. “He took the time to tell what I should do to improve my game so that’s been taking me a long way.”

Simbiken has become the third player from the successful Monaro U23’s side to be signed by a club competing at either NSW Cup or Queensland Cup level.

More: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-1084-0-0-0&sID=13485&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60544687