Topic: Canberra Raiders Cup Round 6 Preview: Goulburn V Woden

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Canberra Raiders Cup Round 6 Preview: Goulburn V Woden
« on: May 23, 2013, 07:27:47 PM »
Goulburn Workers Bulldogs (2) v Woden Valley Rams (3) on Saturday at 4:00pm at Goulburn Workers Arena

Goulburn has the opportunity to leapfrog the Queanbeyan Blues to claim first place on the competition ladder when they take on the Woden Valley Rams at home on Saturday.

The Bulldogs are traditionally hard to beat at home and if the Kangaroos are to defeat the Blues at Seiffert Oval then Goulburn will snare top spot on the ladder.

They face a tough task though against the 3rd placed Woden Valley Rams though.

Woden has been one of the big improvers this year and is the only team to have defeated the Blues.

An interesting individual battle in the match will be the contest between the two Canberra Raiders Development Officers, Goulburn Captain Daniel York and Woden interchange forward Adam Kyle.

“We both work out of the same office at Raiders HQ but I’ve been out of the office all week doing school visits around Yass so there hasn’t been a chance for any friendly banter between us,” said York.

“The other staff members will be interested in seeing who wins on Monday so bragging rights will definitely be on the line. I’ll be doing my best to get the win to make sure that we get first place on the ladder and that I don’t get sledged all week if we lose!”

Source: Raiders Press Release