Topic: Canberra Raiders Cup Postponed Round 12 Preview: Goulburn V Belconnen United

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Goulburn Workers Bulldogs (5) v Belconnen United Scholars (3) on Sunday at Goulburn Workers Arena

A deserving farewell of two outstanding clubmen will be on the line this Sunday when the Goulburn Workers Bulldogs and the Belconnen United Scholars collide at Goulburn Workers Arena.

Goulburn Captain Daniel York will be departing the Bulldogs this year with an impending move to Sydney next year due to work commitments, whilst for the Scholars, 2012 premiership winning Coach John Hawke has announced that this will be his final year with the clipboard.

“I’ll be sad to leave the Bulldogs, I’ve really enjoyed my time here,” York said. “We can’t make the semi-finals but that doesn’t mean that we can’t finish the season on a positive note and what better way to do that than by defeating last year’s premiers.”

Spectators can expect a tight game between these two sides with the match resulting in a 26 all draw in round five.

Belconnen United can either finish second or fourth after this encounter depending on the results of the Kangaroos and the Bushrangers.

Hawke has said previously how influential a home semi-final would be to his side however if the side is to finish second the Scholars will receive a second chance in the semi-finals series.

Source: Raiders Press Release