Topic: AUDIO: More Stuart and Ferguson rumours from The Mole

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
AUDIO: More Stuart and Ferguson rumours from The Mole
« on: September 01, 2013, 10:24:10 PM »
Rugby League Week's The Mole has told Triple M's Offload he'd be very surprised if Ricky Stuart wasn't the coach of the Raiders next season. Listen to the uncut interview below.

Earlier, Triple M's Matty Johns revealed Canberra has tabled a big offer for Stuart to leave Parramatta.

Matty told The Grill Team while the reported seven year, one million dollar per season deal is slightly off the mark, Stuart is the Raiders number one pick.

"The reason the Raiders are denying [the offer] is because if Ricky decides to stay at Parramatta they don't want to appear as though they're out there hunting second best," said Matty.

"But believe me, if Ricky Stuart comes forward tomorrow and says 'yes, I'm taking the offer' it will be announced."

Interestingly, Parramatta boss Steve Sharp said he wouldn't stand in his way if he did want to leave the Eels. So basically it's up to Stuart.

"If he walks out of Parramatta… he'll be replaced by Jason Taylor. He's very well thought of at Parramatta. He did a great job there once before when Brian Smith was sacked mid-season in 2006. I think it's a good move," he said.

"I think Jason Taylor is the best guy not coaching an NRL side at the moment."

Jason Taylor is currently working with Trent Robinson at the Sydney Roosters as assistant coach.

Source: http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2013/8/interim-parramatta-ceo-matt-phelan-believes-coach-ricky-stuart-is-committed-to-the-eels-despite-canberra-raiders-speculation/
« Last Edit: September 01, 2013, 10:30:47 PM by Archie »