Topic: Joel accepts the blame for dog scandal

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Joel accepts the blame for dog scandal
« on: February 17, 2011, 01:15:22 AM »
Joel accepts the blame for dog scandal
17 February 2011, 12:00 am

JOEL Monaghan has revealed that he was to blame - and not teammates - for being sacked by Canberra Raiders over a lewd photograph with a dog.                          

Monaghan said his "world was crashing down" during an off-season debacle where teammates distributed a picture of him engaged in a sex act with a labrador.

The drama led to Monaghan's tearful resignation, the former NSW star now playing for Warrington in England's Super League.

Speaking in this week's edition of Rugby League Week Monaghan said: "It was my stupid prank. It was me. It was my idea. I set the photo up. It wasn't them [teammates] that did it, it was me. It wasn't sent out, it wasn't taken to hurt me."

The photo appeared initially on Twitter before all hell broke loose. Monaghan feared the photo would become public, saying: "The first few days, I don't think I slept much.

Source: Daily Telegraph | NRL - Raiders

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Joel accepts the blame for dog scandal
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2011, 09:21:08 AM »
Didn't sleep much? It's a wonder he could sleep at all after that. Full credit to the bloke for taking responsibility for his stupid actions and not trying to buck pass the blame to someone else. What he did was unthinkably dumb but I must say that the conduct Monas has shown since has been nothing short of first class. He has copped it all on the chin and taken every bit that has come his way like a man. I commend him for the way he has handled this sticky situation.

Orifice

• Brad Drew
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 10:05:49 AM »
It doesnt change what he did and how wrong it was. I mean come on, a dog? Surely he could of just gone home and seen his girl instead? I mean really its just fucked up!

Territorian

• Jamaal Lolesi
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 12:22:06 PM »
Dude it was a silly prank he didn't actually do anything with the dog. Taking a photo imitating something with a dog is one thing, actually doing it with a dog in another ball game entirely. Yes what he did was wrong but it is nowhere near as bad as you suggest.