Topic: CRRL: Hickson Rewarded With Queensland Cup Contract

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
CRRL: Hickson Rewarded With Queensland Cup Contract
« on: November 01, 2017, 02:59:12 PM »
   Woden Valley Rams halfback Jack Hickson has signed with Intrust Super Cup side Mackay Cutters for the 2018 season.

“It’s a goal I was hoping for this year, to get an opportunity somewhere in the Queensland Cup so it’s exciting and a proud moment”, Hickson said. “I’m looking forward to testing myself at that next level.”

Having started his football as a junior with the Valley Dragons, the 21-year-old came through the Canberra Raiders junior pathways before joining the Rams this year.

“I think this year has been massive for me in terms of development,” Hickson said. “Going back into the Canberra Raiders Cup was really good for me - especially developing as a half.

During his time with Woden, Hickson was an integral part of the successful Monaro U23’s squad and was picked to play against Samoa and Scotland as part of the Country U23’s representative side.

Having become the second Canberra based player from the Country U23’s side to have been picked up at either NSW or Queensland Cup level, Hickson was full of praise of the new pathway for young players.

“It’s been good putting us boys out there and testing against the caliber of players we played against,” Hickson said. “It gives us a great opportunity for people to watch and see how we go so it’s certainly a good pathway that Country Rugby League should be proud of.”

More: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-1084-0-0-0&sID=13485&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60345578