Topic: CRRL: Local Juniors Enjoy World Cup Experience

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
CRRL: Local Juniors Enjoy World Cup Experience
« on: November 01, 2017, 03:36:23 PM »
   Junior players from the Yass Magpies and West Belconnen Warriors had the treat of a lifetime last weekend, as they walked out on to GIO Stadium with the French and Lebanese teams for the Rugby League World Cup.

The two sides were named as mascots for the two international sides after Harrison Osburne and Charlie Jamieson were winners of the RLWC Design a Jersey competition.

“At first I didn’t think I had a chance of winning because it was out of all of Australia,” Harrison said. “Then mum got the text from the people who were doing the competition and she said I came in the top five.

“I was really excited for the French team to run out with me.”

West Belconnen Juniors Secretary Lisa Syrek said the team, which included her son Cody, loved the experience.

“I think they were a little nervous because they thought they had to sing the French national anthem,” Syrek said. “They were really excited but they were also really well behaved.

“It was really good to get them all together again during the off-season to still be doing stuff with rugby league.”

The South Tuggeranong Knights will run out with players from Fiji and Italy for the final Canberra RLWC match which takes place on the Friday 10th November.

More: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-1084-0-0-0&sID=13485&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60345586