Topic: Williams plays final Raiders game against same team he made debut against

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Williams made his NRL debut with a man-of-the-match performance against Cronulla in 2011 and unexpectedly gets to play his last game for the Raiders against the Sharks, too.

Williams has spent the bulk of the season in NSW Cup but earned a first-grade reprieve after Canberra's second-tier salary cap exemption to debut Mitch Cornish was denied.

''A couple of weeks ago, I probably thought I'd played my last game for the Raiders and I'm pretty excited to get another run,'' Williams said.

''It's certainly disappointing from Mitch's end.

''Players like Berro, who has had a pretty good career, we want to play well for them and finish on a good note.''

Fellow departing players Mick Picker (injury) and Dimitri Pelo will also be acknowledged before the game, while it remains unclear whether it will be Joe Picker's final match for the Raiders.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/no-fairytale-finish-as-raiders-exit-20130907-2tcd2.html#ixzz2eHKjmjdc