Topic: Raiders Visit The Canberra Hospital

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Raiders Visit The Canberra Hospital
« on: January 24, 2012, 05:48:04 PM »
Raiders Visit The Canberra Hospital

The Canberra Raiders had the privilege to be able to brighten the day of the children in the Paediatrics Wing of the Canberra Hospital earlier today.

The players were deeply touched by the positive spirits of the young children, with the players receiving as much joy out of the visit as the children did.

Staff at the Paediatrics Wing were blown away by how generously the players gave their time to the young boys and girls with star fullback, Josh Dugan, a very popular visitor.

“It’s great to see sick kids with smiles on their faces,” Dugan said.

“They must get pretty down here sometimes so it’s good to be able to make them happy for a change. It’s always important to give back to the community and to the kids.”

The players spoke to every child present in the wing and joined them in activities such as face painting, drawing, passing the ball and playing PlayStation games.

Terry Campese didn’t display anywhere near as much talent in the PlayStation arena as he does on the Rugby League field, with many children teaching the five-eighth a lesson in FIFA.

“It’s really good to be able to come here and help put a smile on the young children’s faces.”

“I got beaten in FIFA by a few of the kids so I’m pretty disappointed. I’ll have to go home and catch up on my FIFA skills before my next visit,” Campese said wryly.

Source: Raiders.com.au