Topic: Furner "Extremely Pleased" With Raiders Win

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Furner "Extremely Pleased" With Raiders Win
« on: March 26, 2012, 11:46:10 PM »
Great all-round performance by Raiders: Furner

Canberra Raiders coach David Furner has praised his side’s performance after their 30-16 win over the West Tigers on Monday.

After a tight first half the Raiders unleashed their attacking flair throwing the ball wide with great results.

“I thought both teams played a good brand of football in the first half, and I’m extremely pleased by the way we came out and dominated the second. It was a very pleasing performance.” Furner said.

Terry Campese was at his best during the match, something which didn’t go unnoticed by the coach.

“Campo is the kind of guy you want touching the ball as much as possible and I thought his control and leadership were excellent today.”

“The season is only a few games old but that was his best performance so far. The thing I like most is how he went away and thought about last week and made the right adjustments.”

Whilst it was tough for Furner to fault any of his players during the match, injuries to forwards David Shillington and Josh Papali have the coach concerned.

“Shillo has an oblique injury and will be assessed by the medical staff we don’t really know the extent yet. Josh received a quad strain and could have returned so hopefully he’ll be alright.”

The Raiders now look ahead to Round 5 where they will take on the Cowboys at Canberra Stadium.

Source: Raiders