Topic: Top Schoolboy Talent coming to the ACT

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Top Schoolboy Talent coming to the ACT
« on: August 03, 2012, 02:48:12 PM »
The best schoolboy talents from each side of the equator will meet this Sunday at Canberra Stadium this Sunday, following the conclusion of the Canberra Raiders and Brisbane Broncos NRL fixture.

The Australian Schoolboys side will take on their traditional rivals the England Academy under 18’s, following the NRL game in what will be a thoroughly entertaining finale to the day.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club will be strongly encouraging those attending the game to hang around for the Schoolboys Test match.

“These two sides feature the finest schoolboy talents from each country and the club will be deservedly honouring the event,” Furner said. “We will be encouraging patrons to shift across to the western side of the stadium to generate a positive atmosphere for not only the match itself but also for the presentations and the national anthems of both countries.”

The match will offer those present the rare opportunity to witness the future stars of rugby league in action.

Past greats such as Andrew Ettingshausen, Brad Fittler and Raiders legend Bradey Clyde have featured in past Australian Schoolboy sides, along with current NRL stars such as Michael Jennings, Jamie Lyon and Greg Inglis.

A further incentive for Canberra fans to hang around for the Test match will be to support another talented young Raiders junior.

Jeremy Cropper was a key figure in the Raiders SG Ball side that made the Grand Final earlier this year and has continued his strong season with selection in the Australian Schoolboys side.

“It was fantastic to be selected in the team and an absolute dream come true,” Cropper said.

“It took a lot of hard work to get there and it’s very satisfying. It’s always been a dream to play for my country and I can’t wait to run out in the green and gold jersey.”

“It will be a surreal experience running out onto Canberra Stadium playing for my country. Canberra Stadium is a fantastic ground to play at and it will be great to play there in front of so many familiar faces.”

The Test match kicks off at 4:20pm this Sunday at Canberra Stadium.

Source: Raiders Press Release