Topic: Wighton signs new Canberra deal

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Wighton signs new Canberra deal
« on: August 22, 2012, 02:26:15 PM »
Wighton signs new Canberra deal
22 August 2012, 1:20 pm

Wighton signs new Canberra deal Updated: 13:20, Wednesday August 22, 2012 Canberra young gun Jack Wighton has signed  a new deal that will keep him at the Raiders until the end of the  2014 NRL season.

The 19-year-old winger, who's been recently sidelined with a  foot injury sustained in a freak trampolining accident, was  contracted until of next season, and has agreed a one-year  extension.

'I'm very happy to have signed this extension and I love playing  footy in Canberra,' Wighton said.

'It's my home now and being from a country town like Orange its  a great place to live and most importantly play footy.'

Raiders CEO Don Furner said Wighton's extension had been a  priority for the club and said the Raiders are thrilled to have him  remain for the next two seasons.

'We've been working on the deal for a while and we would have  loved to have extended him for more than a year, but at the same  time its great news for the club to have him for another two at  this stage of his career,' Furner said.

Source: Sky News Australia