Topic: CANBERRA winger Blake Ferguson has rubbished reports linking him to Sharks

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Ferguson rubbishes Sharks rumours

CANBERRA winger Blake Ferguson has rubbished reports he has been linked to a return to his former club Cronulla.

The 21-year-old left the Sharks at the end of last season following two years with the club to join the Raiders, where he has found form both on the wing and at fullback.

Over the past week, rumours have begun to run rampant that he was unhappy in the ACT and seeking a return to the Shire.

“It’s the first I’ve heard of it,” Ferguson told ABC Canberra of the rumours he was looking to leave the club.

"I'm happy where I am at the moment.

“That’s all rubbish talk by the media and not me.

"(I'm) Loving it down here with an awesome bunch of blokes.”

Ferguson even said he was hopeful of extending beyond 2012 to remain with the Green machine.

“I’m looking to extend my deal beyond next year,” he revealed.

“Looking for another couple of years.

“It’s for my manager and (Raiders CEO) Don Furner has to talk about just trying to secure me.

“I’m happy where I am to be honest it’s a good joint here.”

The Indigenous All Star isn’t the only winger to be linked to a defection with centre and goal kicking ace Jarrod Croker also associated with Cronulla and the Roosters.

Like Ferguson, the 20-year-old who debuted for the club in 2009 is also hoping to extend his stay.

“I’m here til the end of 2012 and that’s what I’m going to be doing,” Croker said.

“Not much has been done about that so I haven’t really looked into that much to tell you the truth.”

Cronulla CEO Damien Irvine was unable to be contacted at time of publication.

Source: Sportsnewsfirst.com.au

GB7600

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
What a joke! As if either of them would be so silly. The sharks hate fergs after he left them anyway.