Topic: CRRL: Woden Sign Hodge

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
CRRL: Woden Sign Hodge
« on: October 25, 2017, 02:37:12 PM »
   The Woden Valley Rams have started recruitment for the 2018 season with the signing of former Canberra Raiders U20’s player Cody Hodge.

“I just can’t wait to get back on the field and try and to play some good footy again,” Hodge said.

Having suffered both ACL and MCL injuries during the season, Hodge has undergone a knee reconstruction but is on track to start training in the new year.

“I’m looking forward to being coached by Ash Barnes,” Hodge said. “I’ve seen how committed he is to footy and how he makes people better players.”

The versatile outside back has also represented NSW Country U18’s and has won a Group 9 Premiership with the Southcity Bulls in 2016.

Although Hodge was playing on the wing when Southcity won that Premiership, Woden Head Coach, Ash Barnes, believes he could become a good fullback for the Rams.

“He played Country U18’s in the centres, he got his start with the Raiders U20s on the wing and I actually think he’ll be a really good fullback,” Barnes said. “When I found out that he wasn’t being taken in to the Mounties U20s squad at this stage, I was really keen to work with him and get him back to that level again.

“He’s a great kid and he has really good football characteristics such as being a really good competitor, he’s tough, he’s fast and he can play multiple positions in the outside backs.”

This season, Hodge made two appearances for the Raiders U20’s as well as three appearances for the Tuggeranong Bushrangers.

More: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-1084-0-0-0&sID=13485&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60284481