Topic: CRRL: Belconnen United Sharks Unveil Eight Signings

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
CRRL: Belconnen United Sharks Unveil Eight Signings
« on: November 23, 2017, 11:17:18 AM »
   The Belconnen United Sharks have unveiled eight signings ahead of the 2018 season.

Headlined by 2012 premiership winning Belconnen Scholars skipper Channon McAskill, seven of the eight players signed are former Belconnen United Sharks juniors or former Scholars players.

“It’s good to come back,” McAskill said. “I played five years with the Scholars so it’ll be good to have a year or two here before I pull the pin.

“We’re trying to build that culture back up again and trying to turn the Sharks back into contenders.”

Joining McAskill at the Sharks are Aidan Greenwood, Isaac Hamad, Trent Vaughan, Anthony Onorato, Craig Finnerty, Andrew McDonald and former Gungahlin Bulls captain, Jack Elliot.

“It’ll be very good to have all the experience and hopefully us older guys can teach some of the younger fellas,” McAskill said. “There are a lot of young players, we’ve got a good reserve grade squad and a lot of Under 18’s coming through.”

As the Sharks look to build on a difficult 2017 season, Belconnen coach Scott Logan is cautiously optimistic heading into 2018.

“I’m not going to make an bold predictions but it was a pretty rushed pre-season last year, I didn’t hit town until just before Christmas,” Logan said. “It terms of recruitment, we are probably three months ahead of where we were last year.

“It definitely good to have some interest from the boys that want to come back this year. Considering the way the season petered out last season, it’s pretty pleasing to have some old guys that want to come back and fight for the club again.”

More: http://websites.sportstg.com/assoc_page.cgi?client=7-1084-0-0-0&sID=13485&&news_task=DETAIL&articleID=60535970