Topic: Campos Corner - Round 18

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Campos Corner - Round 18
« on: July 08, 2011, 10:22:32 AM »
Campos Corner - Round 18

The boys put in their best 80 minute effort for the season on Monday night against the Roosters as they scored seven tries and never really looked like losing. After the win the week before against the Eels it’s starting to look brighter for the team’s chances of making the finals.

Having said that the focus this week has been on the next period of games coming up which includes matches against the Storm and Dragons here at home, so this weekend’s game against the Sharks holds even more importance as a much win match.

The teams have come together once already this season with the Raiders getting a big win on the turf of Canberra Stadium but a lot has changed since that day and Cronulla are no longer the defensively weak unit they were that day.

Led by their inspirational skipper Paul Gallen the Sharks have had resurgence of late and are well within striking distance of the finals and we know they will come ready to play on Saturday.

One player who’s sure to get a less than warm welcome from the Sharks faithful is former Cronulla resident Blake Ferguson, who left the Sharks at the end of last year to come down to Canberra and play with the Raiders.

Fergo is a super competitor and has been one of our best so far this season and I know he’ll be fired up for this one and the best way for him to do the talking is by playing a strong game on the weekend and hopefully bagging a couple of four pointers.

After watching him Monday night it’s quite obvious that he likes to entertain as he plays and the try he scored where he chipped and chased for himself down the touchline is something Raiders fans can get used to seeing if he stays as confident in his own ability as he does now.

The battle for the two points though this week comes down to what’s going on in the middle of the park and Brett White and Dane Tilse will need to be ready to take on the Cronulla props Kade Snowden and Luke Douglas.

Snowden and Douglas have set the platform for the Sharks of late and we’ll need to keep them quiet and I think the way Brett White is playing at the moment will be a big factor in this. Whitey has been in great form over the past few weeks and loves starting the games and I expect a big game from him and Dane Tilse.

Tilsey starts the game this week after Tom Learoyd-Lahrs was ruled out for the season with a bicep injury and he’ll be keen to show he’s a forward leader, especially with David Shillington still on the sidelines.

We wish Tommy all the best in his recovery and look forward to seeing him back in action next year and also I would like to congratulate David Shillington on re-signing until the end of 2015.

Go the Green Machine!

Source: Raiders.com.au