Topic: The Adjudicator final verdict - Raiders V Sharks

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
The Adjudicator final verdict - Raiders V Sharks
« on: July 08, 2011, 10:45:15 AM »
The Adjudicator gives his final verdict on round 18 of the 2011 NRL premiership

I never thought I would say this but good riddance to Origin, now let's get our focus back on the real heavyweights like Cronulla and Canberra.

History repeating ... grand final fortunes could decide Sharks-Raiders.

That's right the two highest-scoring teams from round 17 are set to face-off in what many are calling an October premonition. But more about those powerhouses later...

...Cronulla v Canberra, Toyota Stadium, Saturday 5.30pm (EST)

The Adjudicator says: "Just a month ago, a trip to the Shire for an NRL team was more like a summer holiday - stroll in, land a few waves, work on your tan and pick up your complimentary two points from reception upon departure. These days, Toyota Park has sides more nervous than a wade in the shallows after watching Jaws. Big Gall has the locals singing I’m A Believer all the way towards an unlikely spot in the eight. But we all know the Sharks have a history of deflating quicker than a blow-up dingy hitting the bottom at Shark Island. They will face a Canberra side brimming in confidence after landing two big wins on the trot. However, the Raiders are more accustomed to the Antarctic conditions of Canberra Stadium and might just leave the Cronulla Resort with nothing more than a burnt backside.

The Adjudicator's verdict: "Take this one in carefully fans, so you know what to expect when the first Sunday in October rolls around. With that in mind, only one of these teams knows how to win a grand-final calibre match. Sorry Sharkies, it's Canberra by four."

Source: Fox Sports