Topic: Cooper Ready For Raiders

Renee

• Jason Croker
Cooper Ready For Raiders
« on: July 22, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »
Cooper Ready For Raiders

St George Illawarra Dragons centre Matt Cooper is pleased by his decision to re-sign with the Club and is hoping for more “good times” ahead.

The Shellharbour junior on Thursday extended his contract for two more years and will now remain with the reigning Premiers until 2013.

Cooper, 32, cited the opportunity to see out his career with the Dragons and continue playing in front of the passionate Red V Members and supporters as important factors in his choice to remain with the Club.

“I’m pleased to be staying with the Club for another two years and hopefully we have some more good times to come,” said Cooper.

“I didn’t want to go anywhere else – I’ve been here my whole career and love the place and fans.

“We’re going to be strong next year and look forward to working under incoming Head Coach Steve Price.

“I’ll support him all the way and can’t wait to be coached by him next season.”

The centre returned to the field for the Red-and-White in their 38-8 Rivalry Round victory over the Cronulla Sharks after being sidelined for several week through injury and was first over the line in the win.

Cooper believes the team’s performance in the local derby will prove the perfect platform for both he and his teammates heading into their fixture against the Canberra Raiders at Canberra Stadium on Monday.

“I’ve been training really hard and the football staff have been preparing me well,” said Cooper.

“I was happy with the way I played and getting the win as well.

“We just have to go down there to Canberra now and play our style of football.

“The game against Cronulla was great and our standard of play – we just need to carry that attitude down with us to Canberra.

“If we can play our normal game we can get the win.”

Purchase the 1979 Penfolds Retro Jersey by pre-ordering via Dragons Tail or in the Dragons Retail Store by Tuesday, August 2.

For Game Day Event Information click here.

To become a Red V Member today and help support your team this season click here.

Source: dragons.com.au