Topic: Jack Wighton reaffirms love for Canberra Raiders amid contract concern

Raidercast

• Raidercast Commentary Team
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Jack Wighton has not watched a replay of the heart-breaking grand final - and probably never will - and his decision to baulk at a 2021 option in his favour to remain in Canberra was more to do with a change in managers rather than his love for the Green Machine. No Kangaroos players was happier nor more popular than Wighton during a signing session with the Kiama locals after training on Monday afternoon. And while Wighton can not wait to make his green and gold debut on Friday against New Zealand, he said the grand final heartbreak would forever haunt him. The 26-year-old also told the Sydney Morning Herald why he had held off taking up an option for 2021 that is worth around a staggering $900,000. "I'm 100 per cent there for next year, and the option for the following year in my favour was signed under my old management, and that's the only reason I haven't taken it up,'' Wighton said.

More: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/6450362/jack-wighton-reaffirms-love-for-canberra-raiders-amid-contract-concern/?cs=14239