Topic: Queanbeyan Kangaroos record miraculous comeback win over Bulls


  • Raidercast Commentary Team
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
  • Posts: 27872

The Queanbeyan Kangaroos have recorded an astonishing comeback on the full time-whistle, downing the Gungahlin Bulls 24-22 at Gungahlin Enclosed Field on Saturday afternoon.

In a back-and-forth match which saw both teams lead by at least two tries, a late run by the Kangaroos was enough to collect an important two competition points.  
Despite Gungahlin putting the Kangaroos under some early pressure it was the Queanbeyan side who got the scoring underway.

After a nice passing sequence on the right-hand side, it was Reece Robinson who was able to cross over for his first of the day, giving the Kangaroos a 4-0 lead in the seventh minute.

It didn’t take long for Queanbeyan to go over for their second, this time at the hands of Michael Cullen. The second rower was able to crash over in the 12th minute, collecting the ball five metres out before breezing through the Bulls defence.

The Roos could not convert, leaving Queanbeyan with an 8-0 lead after the opening 15 minutes.

The away side continued to pile on the pressure, forcing numerous line dropouts over the following 10 minutes. They ultimately couldn’t capitalise, instead giving away two penalties to hand Gungahlin optimal field position.

The Bulls took the opportunity, with centre Kieran Reilly collecting an offload close to the line from Tre Holten-Williams before scoring in the 25th minute. Lucas Thomson was able to kick the conversion from the sideline, leaving the score at 8-6 in the 27th minute.

Things begun to quickly turn the way of the home side when Queanbeyan five-eighth Robert Sheffield was sent to the sinbin in the 29th minute for a professional foul.

The Bulls were able to capitalise on the advantage, finding space on the right-hand side of the field. A passing sequence between halfback Isaac Walker and Thomson found Earldric Pehara in some space, with the winger making no mistake.

Despite missing the conversion, the Bulls would lead 10-8 in the 31st minute, quickly turning the match on its head.