Topic: Learoyd-Lahrs Wants To Focus On Raiders Over Origin

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Learoyd-Lahrs Wants To Focus On Raiders Over Origin
« on: February 09, 2012, 11:02:27 AM »
Raiders take priority for Test prop

IMPOSING Test prop Tom Learoyd-Lahrs has declared getting Canberra Raiders in good rhythm will take priority over representative goals this season.

PACKING THE SCRUM: Canberra Raiders star Tom Learoyd-Lahrs towers over fans Ben Britt, 10, and Braith Crane, 11, at Gundagai Public School yesterday. Picture: Les Smith

Towering at 194 centimetres, Learoyd-Lahrs ignited overwhelming support for his return to the NSW State of Origin squad after a sensational performance for the Indigenous All Stars on Saturday night.

Brushing aside suggestions he should be a Blues “shoo-in”, the Raiders star said he will focus on getting to his best form at a club level before making a play for representative duty.

“I do want to start building the bridge into representative football this season,” he told The Daily Advertiser while in Gundagai yesterday.

“For the time being I’m not looking too far down the line, I think that’s how blokes get a bit caught up in it.

“First things first I’m focusing on playing good club footy and concentrating on my game and the rest will fall into place.”

The 26-year-old played only 12 games for the Raiders last year after fracturing his cheekbone and eye socket mid season.

The untimely injury also ruled him out of Origin selection.

But support for his return to the Blues has snowballed since Saturday night, with former selector Laurie Daley admitting Learoyd-Lahrs would be one of his first picked front rowers.

Learoyd-Lahrs is expected to play both Raiders trial games in the region, against Melbourne Storm at Albury on Saturday and Canterbury Bulldogs on February 18.

Source: Daily Advertiser