Topic: Toyota Cup Preview: Raiders V #Canterbury #Bulldogs - #NYCCANCBY

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
NYC Match Preview - Bulldogs vs Raiders

Written by: Steve Turner

It looms as the top of the table clash. A game in which is another step for our young pups as they head towards the finals.

As they head down the Hume Highway this Friday night to take on a side that many regard as the best in the competition and many regard as one of the toughest road trips to get a win, it is another opportunity for our pup’s to enjoy the road trip, spend time together and go down there with a clear mindset that there is a huge game ahead of them and an opportunity for our boy’s to make a statement to the rest of the competition.

Yes they are a great side the Canberra team and yes they have a number of quality players as well as players with First Grade experience, but it’s about our boy’s controlling what they can control and that is preparing as best they can and focusing on doing what they have done over the past few weeks to get the results they want.

They must build on what they did last week, because that was a good win against a good side. Yes the weather is going to be chilly, maybe even snowing, but once again this is out of our control and can not be used as an excuse because Canberra have to play in it as well.

It’s certainly going to be a tough game, but these are the games you want to play as you approach the business end of the season. It will definitely require an 80 minute committed performance from 1-17.

A huge congrats must go out to David Klemmer and Paul Carter who both were elected in the Toyota Cup team of the year during the week. A huge effort from both boys, but a well deserved one as they both have been outstanding this year. They both have played a huge part of the success of our side, but there is still plenty of footy ahead for them.

I look forward to this weekend’s game as it’s a huge challenge for our boys, but one that I know they will be up for. I will be joining the boys on the bus to Canberra, so it’s a great opportunity for myself to hang and chat with the boy’s as they prepare for the Raiders.

Dogs by 2

ZAP

Source: Bulldogs

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Toyota Cup Preview: Raiders V #Canterbury #Bulldogs - #NYCCANCBY
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2012, 12:08:44 PM »
Get off it "Zap" - Raiders by 20!