Topic: Donate to the Lasscock Family Trust Fund

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Donate to the Lasscock Family Trust Fund
« on: September 15, 2012, 02:14:14 PM »
The Canberra Raiders are supporting an appeal to donate to the Lasscock Family Trust in memory of the late Jay Lasscock.

All who knew Jay at the Raiders were deeply saddened after it was revealed that the 25 year old had died suddenly on Sunday night.

Donation buckets have been organised for Lasscock’s family, including his wife Samantha and three children, for this Saturday’s preliminary final in the Canberra Raiders Cup between the Belconnen United Scholars and the Yass Magpies at Seiffert Oval at 3:00pm. There will also be donation buckets at the Grand Final the following week.

After playing junior representative rugby league for the Raiders, Lasscock went on to become Captain of the Queanbeyan Blues and a much loved figure at the club and throughout the Canberra region’s rugby league community.

He represented NSW Country last year as well as the Canberra Region’s Open Representative Team earlier this year.

One of the players who played with Lasscock in the Raiders junior representative system was star current five-eighth Josh McCrone.

“Jay was a terrific rugby league player but an even better person,” said McCrone. “His friendly nature and personal qualities in some regard overshadowed his doubtless talent on the field, and that’s a true testament to the type of person that Jay was.”

“The Lasscock family would be going through a severely tough time at the moment and I would like to encourage the rugby league community of Canberra to generously donate to the Lasscock Trust Fund to assist them through this difficult period.”

Belconnen United Scholars First Grade Coach John Hawke has also encouraged the clubs in the area to donate generously to support the Lasscock family. The Scholars’ First Grade side has already kindly donated $1000 towards the trust fund.

Alternatively, if you are unable to attend either game you can make a donation to the Lasscock Family Trust Fund. The details are provided below:

Name: Lasscock Family Trust Fund
Bank: Westpac
BSB: 732 733
Account Number: 523 048

Source: Raiders Press Release

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Donate to the Lasscock Family Trust Fund
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 02:15:47 PM »
Dig deep people. A very sad situation I once again send my condolences to all his family and friends.