Topic: Tongue and League Legends to Hit the Road on Harleys

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Tongue and League Legends to Hit the Road on Harleys
« on: January 30, 2013, 12:26:23 PM »
From Nowra to Tweed Heads… Via Goulburn

SOME of rugby league’s most recognisable faces will stop-by Goulburn and conduct a clinic as part of a 2500km Harley Davison ride, devised to trump up support for NSW ahead of this year’s Origin series.

Blues greats Brad Fittler, Nathan Hindmarsh and Anthony Minichiello, former skipper Kurt Gidley, captain Paul Gallen and Raiders veteran Alan Tongue are among those set to hit the open road in March.

Hogs for Homeless, a motorbike odyssey designed to raise money for charity and pump up Blues supporters ahead of their team’s bid to end an eight year Origin drought, will begin in Nowra and drop by Goulburn, along with Bowral, Marulan, Cessnock, Kurri Kurri, Tamworth and Port Macquarie en route to its Tweed Heads destination.

Former Blues captain Fittler, the chief organiser of the event, intends to set up campsites so riders can sleep under the stars. Former Parramatta Eels and New South Wales wingers, Eric Grothe Junior and Eric Grothe Senior, are set to entertain the campers.

“Laurie Daley gave me the idea when he told me a story about how he walked into a primary school in NSW and asked the kids who they supported in State of Origin and a couple of them said Queensland,” Fittler said.

“We can’t have that. So it got me thinking about what we could do to try and help out and I thought why not stage a massive Harley Davison ride all over New South Wales.

“All the money raised will go to charity and we’re going to stop and conduct clinics for all the towns and areas we travel through along the way.”

The ride will culminate with a lap around Allianz Stadium when the Sydney Roosters host the South Sydney Rabbitohs on March 7.

Source: http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/1252994/from-nowra-to-tweed-heads-via-goulburn/?cs=182