Topic: Raiders set new membership record

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Raiders set new membership record
« on: February 11, 2011, 05:19:08 PM »
Raiders set new membership record

The Canberra Raiders have set a new membership record, sailing past last year’s total and previous record of 6134, with a month left before the first home match of the season.

The Green Machine are now at 6220 members and are targeting 8000 members for the 2011 season and with their busiest period still ahead of them Raiders CEO Don Furner said the goal is achievable.

“We’re really happy to set a new record with so long left in the membership sign up period,” Furner said. “It’s great for the club and the Canberra region and it shows that there’s plenty of support out there for the Raiders.

“We’re hoping to hit 8000 members before kick-off which would be a great achievement and would continue our strong growth in this area over the past few years.”

Canberra Raiders Co-captain Alan Tongue applauded the efforts of Raiders members and encouraged those who haven’t renewed or signed up to do so before the season started.

“It makes us all proud as Raiders players to have the support we’ve received this membership period and we’re looking to repay the faith by playing good footy this year and performing well on the field,” Tongue said. “I really want to get the message across that we appreciate the support from everyone who’s signed up, from those who live in Canberra to those who have signed up around the country and even the world.

“It’s not too late to sign up either and we hope to reach the 8000 target before we play against the Sharks at home in round one.”

Source: Raiders.com.au

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Raiders set new membership record
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »
Great stuff. Hopefully there will be a big rush before the season and we can crack the 8k  :13:

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2011, 10:46:06 PM »
I thought we already had? Wasn't there something about this not long ago  :017:

Archie

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 12:59:28 PM »
Apparently not but you would think we should make it by the time the season kicks off if not soon after when there is the late rush.

EzyE

• Craig Dimond
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 09:08:33 PM »
2 many Fumblies fans in Canberra having a yawnion love fest they need to be converted!