Topic: Harrison a Raider until 2014

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Harrison a Raider until 2014
« on: March 03, 2011, 05:11:41 PM »
Harrison a Raider until 2014

The Canberra Raiders have been boosted in the week leading into the season opener, with news today that Bronson Harrison has re-signed with the club for a further three seasons until the end of 2014.

Harrison has been a revelation since joining the Raiders at the beginning of 2009 and has developed into a vital 80 minute player for the Raiders forward pack.

The Kiwi international is already a part of the Raiders Club Player Representative Group (CPR) and captained the side in their first trial match of the season against the Storm two weeks ago.

His re-signing continues the Raiders strong retention and recruitment program and Harrison said he’s more than happy to remain in green for another three years.

“It’s been a great move for me coming to Canberra and its helped me become a better player by being here,” Harrison said. “It’s a club that’s going places for sure and I’m really looking forward to continuing to get better both personally and as a team in the years ahead.”

Raiders CEO Don Furner said Harrison’s re-signing was a huge boost for the club on the eve of the season and said the club was doing its best to try and keep the core of the team together for the future.

“Bronson is the prime example of a player coming to the club and becoming a better player and we’re ecstatic to have him here for three more years,” Furner said. “We’ve put a lot of focus on getting players to the club who want to be here and then keeping them here and we’ll be looking to hopefully continue this in the weeks ahead.”

Source: Raiders.com.au

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Harrison a Raider until 2014
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 05:13:17 PM »
Great news for the club. This guy has been a tower of strength ever since he walked in the door and is without doubt one of our real leaders.

GB7600

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 05:58:33 PM »
Very good  :13:

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Harrison staying with Raiders
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 06:31:13 PM »
Harrison staying with Raiders
3 March 2011, 4:30 pm

Canberra receive a huge boost on the eve of 2011 season with Bronson Harrison signing a new deal with the club until 2014.

Source: FOXSPORTS.com.au | Rugby League

AlwaysGreen

• John Ferguson
Re: Harrison staying with Raiders
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 07:11:06 PM »
Finally something to be happy about!

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Re: Harrison staying with Raiders
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 07:42:58 PM »
Why so glum AG? Season is about to start it's time to get fired up son!

Big Harro is a beast and belongs with the best at the Green Machine!

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Harrison re-signs with the Raiders
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 08:31:31 PM »
3 March 2011, 6:51 pm

New Zealand back rower Bronson Harrison has snubbed a move to Parramatta and signed a new deal with Canberra that will keep him in the nation's capital until 2013.

Harrison, who joined the Raiders from Wests Tigers in 2008, had been widely tipped to link up with New Zealand Test coach Stephen Kearney at the Eels, but said staying in Canberra was better for his career.

"To be honest, I've probably been spoilt up in Sydney. I had mum there and my sisters there. So coming down here means that I had to do a lot by myself," Harrison said.

The 25-year-old said he wanted to get his future sorted before the season kicks off next week and can now concentrate on helping the Raiders into the finals for the second successive season.

"I didn't want to have an excuse if I didn't perform well that it was because of this," he said.

"I felt that I'm a part of it here now and that it's been good.

"And I want to bear the fruits of earlier years with the hard games we've put in."

Raiders chief executive Don Furner said Harrison's signing is a vote of confidence in the club.

"It's pleasing when the players want to stay here," Furner told reporters.

Furner said he was also confident of re-signing Test and NSW forward Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, who is being chased by Newcastle.

- AAP

Source: Tag: Rugby League - ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation)

RNA

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 08:31:44 PM »

New Zealand back-rower Bronson Harrison has snubbed a move to Parramatta and signed a new deal with Canberra that will keep him in the nation's capital until 2013.

Harrison, who joined the Raiders from Wests Tigers in 2008, had been widely tipped to link up with New Zealand Test coach Stephen Kearney at the Eels, but said staying in Canberra was better for his career.

"To be honest, I've probably been spoilt up in Sydney. I had mum there and my sisters there. So coming down here means that I had to do a lot by myself," Harrison said.

The 25-year-old said he wanted to get his future sorted before the season kicks off next week and can now concentrate on helping the Raiders into the finals for the second successive season.

"I didn't want to have an excuse if I didn't perform well that it was because of this," he said.

"I felt that I'm a part of it here now and that it's been good.

"And I want to bear the fruits of earlier years with the hard games we've put in."

Raiders chief executive Don Furner said Harrison's signing is a vote of confidence in the club.

"It's pleasing when the players want to stay here," Furner told reporters.

Furner said he was also confident of re-signing Test and NSW forward Tom Learoyd-Lahrs, who is being chased by Newcastle.

Source: wwos.com.au top league stories

CampoFAN

• John Ferguson
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2011, 05:29:02 PM »
Maybe AlwaysGreen is pissed because of the shockingly poor performances we have put in to our trails? Did you even consider that? Probably not.

He has every right to be annoyed to. If Furner doesn't have the team going to standard by round 5 then I will expect heads to roll. A whole off season plus 5 NRL rounds is more than enough time to have your influence on a side. If Furner can't get them going by then then we should look for someone who can. Everyone thinks this team is on their way to a premiership, which they should be, we don't need a coach who isn't on the same road. Now it is up to Furner to prove that he can drive down that road at full speed.

pocket rocket

• John Ferguson
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2011, 09:55:46 PM »
Man you have lost it buddy. The season hasn't even started and you want to sack the coach after he took us to the finals last year? Get real  :D

Territorian

• Jamaal Lolesi
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 11:36:53 AM »
I will admit I have been concerned by our results in the two trials so far, but it's not nearly enough reason to be after David Furner's job at this early stage of the year. We have lots of players out, some players not at full fitness, and on top of all that we are trying to play under a new half back who seems to change from Matt Orford to Sam Williams and then back to Josh McCrone depending on who is fit that week. It's a very long season. We could lose our first 5 games then win every single one after that. We just don't know how the season is going to go yet so to be asking for the coach to be sacked after round 5 is premature to say the least.

Chase94

• RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2011, 04:57:42 PM »
Maybe AlwaysGreen is pissed because of the shockingly poor performances we have put in to our trails? Did you even consider that? Probably not.

He has every right to be annoyed to. If Furner doesn't have the team going to standard by round 5 then I will expect heads to roll. A whole off season plus 5 NRL rounds is more than enough time to have your influence on a side. If Furner can't get them going by then then we should look for someone who can. Everyone thinks this team is on their way to a premiership, which they should be, we don't need a coach who isn't on the same road. Now it is up to Furner to prove that he can drive down that road at full speed.

Maybe a ball hasn't even been kicked and you are already acting like the end of the world is neigh? Did you consider that? Obviously not or else you wouldn't be carrying on like a pork chop!

Raidercast

• Raidercast Commentary Team
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2011, 11:58:08 AM »
Ok folks lets not get too carried away! If you want to chat about Furner then do it in the thread about his re-signing here. Cheers ;)

CampoFAN

• John Ferguson
« Reply #13 on: March 07, 2011, 08:00:37 PM »
Everyone is missing the point! I am not calling for him to be sacked right now, I said after round 5! He has had enough time with this side over seasons and off seasons yet our form completely revolves around a couple of players. To turn in a performence like they did in the trials after a whole off season to prepare is just not good enough for a professional team.