Topic: Furner: Milford going nowhere

Archie

• Love My Mighty Raiders! RNA Website Developer
  • Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Furner: Milford going nowhere
« on: July 29, 2013, 10:22:53 PM »
Milford staying, says Raiders coach

Canberra Raiders coach David Furner has dismissed speculation linking Anthony Milford to a move to Brisbane next year, insisting the rookie sensation is going nowhere.

Concerned the rumours could prove a distraction, Furner declared Brisbane junior Milford is happy at Canberra, and rejected reports homesickness could lure him to the Broncos.

The 19-year-old is contracted with Canberra until the end of next year, but reports on Sunday suggested a family illness get-out clause relating to his father could allow him to play at Brisbane next year. Fairfax Media understands the clause can be activated only with the consent of both parties, and Milford has told the Raiders he wants to stay.

It was suggested Milford had been targeted to play halfback at Brisbane, despite playing less than six hours of NRL in the halves.

He has been outstanding in Canberra's last three games at fullback, and has showed no signs he's unsettled.

''I know he wants to stay here and that's good enough for me,'' Furner said on Monday.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/milford-staying-says-raiders-coach-20130729-2qv9r.html#ixzz2aR7ltxaq