Topic: Canberra Raiders Cup Round 14 Match Report: Goulburn V Gungahlin

GB7600

• Administrator
  • Jason Croker
Goulburn Workers Bulldogs (5) 62 defeated Gungahlin Bulls (7) 16 at Raiders Belconnen

With his side resigned to missing the semi-finals in his final year at the club, Goulburn Captain Daniel York is focussed on enjoying the end of his time with the Bulldogs and judging by the thrashing they served up to Gungahlin, it is sure to be some celebration.

The Bulldogs ran in 10 tries in the 62-16 drubbing of the seventh placed Bulls with York scoring a fine try and creating countless other attacking opportunities down the left hand edge.

Goulburn’s forward pack was simply too good on the day and their dominance allowed the side’s slick backline to create havoc with the likes of fullback Ben Schreiber and centre Nathan Chappell both collecting doubles.

Halfback Ricky Chamberlain registered 14 points through seven goals from 10 attempts.

“We’re disappointed that we won’t be playing in the semi-finals but there’s not much that we can do about it now,” York said.

“I’m moving to Sydney for work next year so unfortunately this will be my last year at the club. It’s a proud club and the players are great blokes and I’ll be looking to finish off my time with Goulburn with some enjoyment.

“Another win like this will help with that.”

Source: http://www.raiders.com.au/news-display/raiders/81148